Please check in at the Membership Center. Your membership card is valuable and important. Please show it every time you enter the Y.
Please stop by, or call, to update any changes to your personal information. Make sure we have your email address so we can keep you updated on all our program and events.
All members may bring a guest to the YMCA. Guests must check in and provide photo identification. All guests must be accompanied by a Rockland County YMCA member and a $5 guest fee is required.
CODE OF CONDUCT
To uphold our values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility, all of us, staff and members, need to abide by some basic rules and standards to keep our Y a healthy, safe, and nurturing
environment for all. Here are a few rules for various areas of our facilities. Thanks in advance for your supportive efforts! Each member is accountable for his or her own behavior and attitude while in the facility or associated with the YMCA programs. We ask that all individuals act and dress appropriately while utilizing the facility and participating in YMCA programs. Dress codes are posted in each program area. Our code of conduct prohibits the following:
- Teen members- Youth ages 12 and younger – must be accompanied by a parent/ guardian. Parent guardian must remain in the building with the children at all times.
- Youth ages 13 -17 with an active membership may enter at any time without adult supervision. They must be actively engaged in a program, class or activity. "Hanging out” in the program spaces/ watching TV, playing video games is not a positive or engaged activity and is not permitted.
- Angry, vulgar, or offensive language including swearing, name-calling, shouting, and refusal to follow instruction by YMCA staff.
- Use of cell phones in locker rooms, swimming pool, and other designated program areas.
- Physical contact with any person in an angry or threatening manner.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior, or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or other behavior towards YMCA staff or others.
- Behavior that intends to or results in the theft or destruction of property (YMCA or other persons).
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices that may be used as weapons.
- Use of drugs or alcohol in the building or on the grounds, or use of the building or programs by anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Smoking or use of tobacco products on YMCA property -all of our buildings and grounds are smoke free.
- Loitering within the facilities or on the grounds of the YMCA after being requested to depart from the YMCA property.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
In addition, The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
*When you utilize the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program, you agree to release the National Council of Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America, and its independent and autonomous member associations in the United States and Puerto Rico, from claims of negligence for bodily injury or death in connection with the use of YMCA facilities, and from any liability for other claims, including loss of property, to the fullest extent of the law.
If you are not fully satisfied with your membership or classes, please contact: Tom Mahoney, VP of Membership & Marketing at TMahoney@rocklandymca.org