YMCA Youth Sports
Check out the very affordable sports offerings at our Y and get in the game!
We have volleyball, Basketball, and Tennis.
Improve your skills, just have fun, make new friends, be active and learn to love a sport at the Y.
2018 Session Dates:
Feb 26 - April 20 (8 weeks) -$40 YMCA members / $105 nonmembers
ONLINE REGISTRATION-click the header of the sport
Click here for a flyer with more information
- Intro to Basketball - (ages 6-9) Tuesdays from 4:30 - 5:30pm
- Intermediate Basketball - (ages 9-12) Tuesdays from 5:30 - 6:30pm
- Intro to Tennis (ages 7 - 12 ) Thursdays from 5pm - 6pm
- Volleyball Skill Building (ages 10-14) Monday 5-6pm
February 28 - April 11 ( 6 weeks )
- Intro to Golf (ages 6 - 8 ) Wednesdays from 5 pm - 5:50 pm
- Intro to Golf (ages 9-12) Wednesdays from 6 pm - 7 pm
Each practice will focus on one major skill or position by using specifically designed games and simplified drills for the kids to master each skill. Specific moves and live wrestling competition will not be an emphasis of the program for the INTRO CLASS.
Ages 11 yrs and up will have plenty of opportunities to wrestle ‘live’ with appropriate ages/weight classes.
For more information contact:Philip Donnelly VP of Health & Fitness643-3062 PDonnelly@rocklandymca.org
- Intro to Wrestling (ages 5-10) Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6:15-7pm
- Wrestling (ages 11 -13 &14 - 17) Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7:15-8:15 pm
Fencing for Kids Ages 4 to 17 - Learn fencing with three-time Olympian Mika'il Sankofa of the Thrust Fencing Academy. Thinking fast, balanced footwork and quick action with swords equals a fast, furious, fun afternoon! All equipment is supplied. To register call Thrust Fencing Academy 917-371-5603 http://thrustfencingacademy.com/
KIDSAFE Self-defense/Karate Program (Boys and Girls, Ages 5 to 15) This program builds self-esteem, discipline and safety awareness for boys and girls 5 to 15. A black belt instructor teaches techniques for non-aggressive and self-defense purposes only. A YMCA membership is required for participation. Uniforms are priced at $30 and are highly recommended.
Click here for more information
For additional information please call 800-850-0800. http://www.kidsafeyouthprograms.com/